The Chelsea Reach
Official watchmaker to the Race for Doggett's Coat & Badge
The Race for Doggett's Coat and Badge has been held on the River Thames every year since 1715, making it the oldest rowing race in the world. We are honoured by our appointment as Supporter and Official Watchmaker to the race, as not only does this enable us to present a special watch to the winner; we are also delighted to offer you a very special Limited Edition of Harold Pinchbeck watches.
Within the total limited edition of 300 watches there will be three models: the Lambeth Reach, the Chelsea Reach and the King's Reach.
The Chelsea Reach is a very exclusive and beautiful watch. Understatement is the keynote, enhanced by the discreet inclusion of gold embellishments.
Only 25 examples of this beautiful and distinctive watch will ever be made, giving it the potential to become a collector’s piece. The Chelsea Reach has several discreet touches of luxury: a gold disc, inset in the case back, is engraved with the watch’s individual number; the name and year of manufacture on the ring between the glass and the dial; the top of the crown is set in gold. Its English-made case, embellished with 18 carat gold, complements the traditional dial, whose symbology includes the Hanover Horse, and reflects the Race’s rich heritage through its connections with the Fishmongers’ Company and the Company of Watermen and Lightermen.
The Chelsea Reach is the perfect gift, not only for followers of the Doggett’s Race, but for anyone interested in the history of the City of London and its fascinating traditions. To make your Chelsea Reach even more special and exclusive, the engraving can be personalised, and we will consult with you about this and other details.
The Chelsea Reach is powered by one of the world’s most respected Swiss-made mechanical movements, the superb ETA 2824-2. Its design and meticulous engineering have been proved and refined over several decades, and it is respected by good watchmakers everywhere. Kept wound by wrist movement, it can also be hand wound. As an alternative to this automatic movement you may choose the hand wound ETA 2801.
We deal direct with you, our valued Customer, so that we can provide the best possible service. Every Harold Pinchbeck watch is individually assembled: not - like most watches - in some large factory, but by hand, in an English workshop. It’s then inspected and tested thoroughly before being beautifully packaged and despatched to its owner, complete with its generous five-year warranty.
- Beautifully engineered stainless steel case, completely English made
- Diameter: 40 mm (excluding crown)
- Height: 12 mm
- Options include a unique personalised dial, exhibition back, precious metal case, etc
- Hand style of your choice
- Inner engraved chapter ring with your personal message
- A luxurious Tanner Bates English handmade strap made to your specification
- Individually numbered
- Sapphire glass for scratch resistance
- Screw down crown for water resistance
- 10 ATM water resistance
- Rigorously tested and fully certified on completion
- Limited edition – only 25 will ever be made
- Beautiful hand made leather watch wallet by Tanner Bates of Devon
- ETA 2824-2 Swiss-made automatic 25-jewel calibre
- Tolerance: to within +/- 15 seconds per day
- Regulated at assembly: to within +/- 5 seconds per day
- Power reserve of up to 36 hours
- Vibrations: 28,800 per hour
- Your choice of metallic colours on the dial: £250
- Your own dial design: from £600
- Exhibition (clear) caseback: £250
- Case made entirely or partly from precious metal: price on application
HOW YOUR WATCH IS MADE:
Pictures show the looks of our watches, but not the thought that goes into their making. Every Harold Pinchbeck watch is hand-built by our watchmakers in England. We embrace computer-aided design, but we also treasure traditional craftsmanship, so our watches are a marriage of both; our approach is a world away from mass production.
Your watch is made in a workshop (not a factory), by a skilled craftsman. This work can't be rushed: it's painstaking, requiring good eyesight and steady hands! When he has built up a watch he examines it from every angle before testing it thoroughly, adjusting it as necessary to ensure reliability and accuracy. Eventually, the case will receive its final polish and inspection, and at this stage, the handmade strap is fitted. Only then is the watch ready to be placed in its presentation box, ready to be sent to its owner, together with its certification and the five-year warranty.
DELIVERY & WARRANTY:
- Guarantee: 5 Year mechanical warranty
- Lifetime warranty available - [click for details]
- Delivery time: approximately 60 days
The Bespoke watch: lifetime guarantee
When you buy a Harold Pinchbeck Bespoke & Limited Collection wristwatch, we guarantee the movement's mechanical performance for your lifetime. The only condition to this warranty is that you return the watch to us for a professional service at least every three years. In fact, your watch's first service will be completely free!
The Chelsea Reach is a bespoke manual wind mechanical watch with a very limited edition of just 25 to guarantee exclusivity. This is for deposit purposes only to secure your order and commence your watch build.
(Deposit price only - total charge payable upon completion = £5995 less deposit paid).