Your Christopher will be your watch, styled according to your preferences, and created for you alone.
There are many possibilities: you can even have a personalised dial in your chosen colour scheme, perhaps including your initials.
And yet, there is something even more special . . .
You'll find it if you look carefully between the glass and the dial: it is the gilt ring, minutely hand-engraved with whatever text you choose! A remarkable detail that is offered by no other watchmaker: so small as to be almost secret, but which makes your watch as personal as a Savile Row suit.
The classic proportions of its English-made steel case are just right. Discreet embellishment in 18-carat gold enhances its appeal, or you can have the whole case made in precious metal. The self-winding movement is a masterpiece of beautiful Swiss engineering. Even the strap, individually handmade in Devon, is a small work of art!
Named after our illustrious 18th Century forebears, the Christopher recalls the days when every watch was made by hand. Today most are mass produced in overseas factories, but your Christopher will be assembled - just for you - in a small English workshop.
The best things in life are worth waiting for, and although buying a Christopher is not a quick process we aim to make it an enjoyable one. Consultation is the key, whether by email, telephone or – best of all – during an appointment here in Lincoln. You’ll be able to take your time, choosing the features that will combine to make your unique timepiece. Once the decisions are made, it may take several months to complete and test your watch: it will then become an indispensable friend for life.
The Christopher is a bespoke watch, built to order. We will quote a firm price based on your individual specification. The Christopher costs from £4,999, and this includes the hand-engraved chapter ring between the glass and dial, your choice of two matt colours on the dial (or the Infinity Dial) and a hand-polished stainless steel case. Many additional options are available, including:
- Your choice of metallic colours on the dial: £250
- Your own dial design: from £600
- Exhibition (clear) caseback: £250
- Case made entirely or partly from precious metal: price on application
We will ask for a non-refundable deposit of £1,665 or one-third of the quoted price (whichever is the greater) to confirm your order, and the balance on completion.
- Beautifully engineered stainless steel case, completely English made
- Diameter: 40 mm (excluding crown)
- Height: 12 mm
- Options include a unique personalised dial, exhibition back, precious metal case, etc
- Hand style of your choice
- Inner engraved chapter ring with your personal message
- A luxurious Tanner Bates English handmade strap made to your specification
- Individually numbered
- Sapphire glass for scratch resistance
- Screw down crown for water resistance
- 10 ATM water resistance
- Beautiful hand made leather watch wallet by Tanner Bates of Devon
- From £4999
- ETA 2824-2 Swiss-made automatic 25-jewel calibre
- Tolerance: to within +/- 15 seconds per day
- Regulated at assembly: to within +/- 5 seconds per day
- Power reserve of up to 36 hours
- Vibrations: 28,800 per hour
- Bespoke watch with choice of specifications
- Hand-made in England
- Guarantee: 5 Year mechanical warranty
- Lifetime warranty available - see further details
- Delivery time: approximately 60 days
Full 5-year mechanical warranty
We are proud of the supreme workmanship of every watch we make, which is why we provide an unconditional 5 year guarantee of quality, craftsmanship and accuracy. If any aspect of the watch performs less than perfectly, simply return it to us for a free service.
The Bespoke watch: lifetime guarantee
When you buy a Harold Pinchbeck Bespoke & Limited Collection wristwatch, we guarantee the movement's mechanical performance for your lifetime. The only condition to this warranty is that you return the watch to us for a professional service at least every three years. In fact, your watch's first service will be completely free!
The Christopher is a bespoke automatic watch and a blank canvas to style as you wish. We will consult with you to help you choose your watch options. Your Christopher will be a limited edition of one!
This is for deposit purposes only to secure your order and commence your watch build.
(Deposit price only - total charge payable upon completion = £4999 less deposit paid).