You're a gentleman, and you celebrate your life's achievements with the best possessions. Your house, your cars, your clothes . . . and your watches. Not for you the brands that shout 'ME!' from the rooftops. A cultivated chap, you look above and beyond these trademarks, to a higher realm of rarity, craftsmanship and quiet English elegance.
Inspect the Christopher from any angle. The classic proportions of its English-made steel case and the limpid clarity of the dial are just right. The self-winding movement is a masterpiece of beautiful Swiss engineering. Even the strap, individually handmade in Devon, is a small work of art. And yet, there is more . . .
A remarkable detail that, to our knowledge, no other watchmaker offers at anything like this price: so tiny as to be almost secret, but which makes your watch quite unique. You'll only find it if you look carefully between the glass and the dial: it is the gilt chapter ring, minutely hand-engraved with whatever text you choose!
It's typical of the thought and care that goes into the making of your Christopher. The ultimate, understated, personalisation, this simple feature is just one of the things that makes your Christopher yours - and yours alone. In fact, it may well be one of the landmark’ purchases of your life.
Named after our illustrious 18th Century forebears, the Christopher recalls the days when every watch was made by hand. Today most are mass produced in overseas factories, but your Christopher will be assembled - just for you - in a small English workshop.
The best things in life are worth waiting for, and although buying a Christopher is not a quick process we aim to make it an enjoyable one. Consultation is the key, whether by email, telephone or – best of all – during an appointment here in Lincoln. You’ll be able to take your time, choosing the features that will combine to make your unique timepiece. Once the decisions are made, it may take several months to complete and test your watch: it will then become an indispensable friend for life.
You’ll probably call it 'my' watch, because you can rest assured that no-one in the world has one quite like it.
- Beautifully engineered stainless steel case, completely English made
- Hand style of your choice
- Inner engraved chapter ring with your personal message
- A luxurious Tanner Bates English handmade strap made to your specification
- Individually numbered
- Sapphire glass for scratch resistance
- Screw down crown for water resistance
- 10 ATM water resistance
- Beautiful hand made leather watch wallet by Tanner Bates of Devon
- From £3699
- ETA 2824-2 Swiss-made automatic 25-jewel calibre
- Tolerance: to within +/- 15 seconds per day
- Regulated at assembly: to within +/- 5 seconds per day
- Power reserve of up to 36 hours
- Vibrations: 28,800 per hour
- Bespoke watch with choice of specifications
- Hand-made in England
- Guarantee: 5 Year mechanical warranty
- Lifetime warranty available - see further details
- Delivery time: approximately 60 days
The Christopher is a bespoke automatic watch and a blank canvas to style as you wish. We will consult with you to help you choose your watch options. Your Christopher will be a limited edition of one!
This is for deposit purposes only to secure your order and commence your watch build.
(Deposit price only - total charge payable upon completion = £3699 less deposit paid).