Just as in Christopher Pinchbeck’s time, you can have a unique watch made to order: a special timepiece, made for you, and for you alone. We call it the Christopher: you can regard it as a canvas to create your personal timepiece. Be as bold, or as restrained, as you like!
Consultation with you, the Customer, is the first, and most important, stage. Our aim is to make this experience as enjoyable as possible (often over tea in the historic heart of Lincoln, but it can also be done by telephone and email). We will agree your watch’s specification: you can include personal features that are not available from the high street brands.
For example, the golden chapter ring (between the glass and the dial) can be inscribed with your chosen dedication. Almost secret, this tiny hand-engraved lettering is a work of art. This remarkable detail is available from no other watchmaker, and by itself makes your watch as personal as a Savile Row suit.
Going further, there is a variety of options. The rotor of the movement can be gold plated and engraved with your initials or a date, visible through a sapphire crystal case back. If you opt for a solid back we can engrave your chosen wording on an 18-carat gold disc. Your dial can include your initials, or it can be made to your own design, to be as simple or as elaborate as you wish.
The classic proportions of the English-made 40mm steel case are just right. Discreet embellishment in 18-carat gold enhances its appeal, or you can have the whole case made in precious metal. The bezel's design can be varied and set with stones or engraved. The self-winding movement is a masterpiece of beautiful Swiss engineering. Even the strap, handmade in Devon, is a small work of art!
We will quote a firm price based on your individual specification. Your watch costs from £4,999, and this includes the hand-engraved chapter ring, your choice of two matt colours on the dial (or the Infinity Dial) and a hand-polished stainless steel case.
As you would expect, it will take several months to complete your Christopher, but the best things in life are worth waiting for!
- Beautifully engineered stainless steel case, completely English made
- Diameter: 40 mm (excluding crown)
- Height: 12 mm
- Options include a unique personalised dial, exhibition back, precious metal case, etc
- Hand style of your choice
- Inner engraved chapter ring with your personal message
- A luxurious Tanner Bates English handmade strap made to your specification
- Individually numbered
- Sapphire glass for scratch resistance
- Screw down crown for water resistance
- 10 ATM water resistance
- Rigorously tested and fully certified on completion
- Beautiful hand made leather watch wallet by Tanner Bates of Devon
Delivery & Warranty
- Guarantee: 5 Year mechanical warranty
- Lifetime warranty available - click for details
- Delivery time: approximately 90 days
- ETA 2824-2 Swiss-made automatic 25-jewel calibre
- Tolerance: to within +/- 15 seconds per day
- Regulated at assembly: to within +/- 5 seconds per day
- Power reserve of up to 36 hours
- Vibrations: 28,800 per hour
- Your choice of metallic colours on the dial: £250
- Your own dial design: from £600
- Exhibition (clear) caseback: £250
- Case made entirely or partly from precious metal: price on application
A bespoke automatic watch and a blank canvas to style as you wish. We will consult with you to help you choose your watch options. Your watch will be a limited edition of one!
This is for deposit purposes only to secure your order and commence your watch build.
(Deposit price only - total charge payable upon completion = £4999 less deposit paid).
Pictures show the looks of our watches, but not the thought that goes into their making. Every Harold Pinchbeck watch is hand-built by our watchmakers in England. We embrace computer-aided design, but we also treasure traditional craftsmanship, so our watches are a marriage of both; our approach is a world away from mass production.
Your watch is made in a workshop (not a factory), by a skilled craftsman. This work can't be rushed: it's painstaking, requiring good eyesight and steady hands! When he has built up a watch he examines it from every angle before testing it thoroughly, adjusting it as necessary to ensure reliability and accuracy. Eventually, the case will receive its final polish and inspection, and at this stage, the handmade strap is fitted. Only then is the watch ready to be placed in its presentation box, ready to be sent to its owner, together with its certification and the five-year warranty.
The Bespoke watch: lifetime guarantee
When you buy a Harold Pinchbeck Bespoke or Special Edition wristwatch, we guarantee the movement's mechanical performance for your lifetime. The only condition to this warranty is that you return the watch to us for a professional service at least every three years. In fact, your watch's first service will be completely free!