Choose your seasonal dial shade: parchment (Spring), teal (Summer), russet (Autumn) or midnight blue (Winter).
At 41 mm the Dale is neither small nor oversized: a great looker to enhance the wrist. Its minimalist dial and slim bezel, though eloquently English, impart an almost Bauhaus chic. A short, contrasting seconds hand recalls 1930s elegance, and gently convex sapphire glass surmounts the mirror-polished steel case.
We’ve even made a feature of the case back! Colour-matched with the dial, behind sapphire glass, is a subtle decoration based on a famous tracery that dates from about 1350: about the same time as the neighbouring building we work in. This beautiful decoration has been reinterpreted and finely etched into brass, before being carefully painted and set into the watch back; a unique and stylish decoration!
If you wish, for the automatic version of the Dale, you can choose to have an exhibition back fitted to the watch so you can view the delightful and almost hypnotic workings of the mechanical movement.
Naturally, your Dale will have a wonderful leather strap, made in Devon by Tanner Bates. It will be powered by a superb Swiss-made movement: your choice of quartz or automatic.
- Case: 316L polished stainless steel
- Back: machined stainless steel
- Diameter: 41mm (excluding crown)
- Height: 13mm
- Glass: convex sapphire (for added scratch resistance)
- Dial: Painted brass dial available in four colours
- Hour & minute hands in grey with etched detail
- Red seconds hand
- Hand-built at our workshops in England
- Rigorously tested and fully certified on completion
- Strap: Tanner Bates hand-cut and hand-stitched leather
- Choice of watch strap leathers
- Leather watch wallet by Tanner Bates of Devon
- Etched watch back detail in matching colour
- Water resistance: 50 metres
- Option to have your watch back personally engraved
- Swiss-made quartz movement
- Tolerance to within +/- 10 seconds per month
- Battery life approximately 2 years
- Free battery replacement for life
- ETA 2824-2 Swiss-made automatic 25-jewel calibre (mechanical, self-winding)
- Tolerance: to within +/- 15 seconds per day
- Regulated at assembly: to within +/- 5 seconds per day
- Power reserve of up to 36 hours
- Vibrations: 28,800 per hour
- We aim to despatch your watch within 14 days of receiving your order
- Fully insured UK delivery is charged extra at £12.95 (Royal Mail Special Delivery)
- Overseas delivery is available to most countries at extra cost
- We will email despatch confirmation at the time of shipping
Warranty & Returns
- Risk-free 90 Day returns policy
- 5 Year mechanical warranty
- Free lifetime battery replacement (subject to postage costs)
Making your watch
Pictures show the looks of our watches, but not the thought that goes into their making. Every Harold Pinchbeck watch is hand-built by our watchmakers in England. We embrace computer-aided design, but we also treasure traditional craftsmanship, so our watches are a marriage of both; our approach is a world away from mass production.
Your watch is made in a workshop (not a factory), by a skilled craftsman. This work can't be rushed: it's painstaking, requiring good eyesight and steady hands! When he has built up a watch he examines it from every angle before testing it thoroughly, adjusting it as necessary to ensure reliability and accuracy. Eventually, the case will receive its final polish and inspection, and at this stage, the handmade strap is fitted. Only then is the watch ready to be placed in its presentation box, ready to be sent to its owner, together with its certification and the five-year warranty.
FULL 5-YEAR MECHANICAL WARRANTY
We are proud of the supreme workmanship of every watch we make, which is why we provide an unconditional 5 year guarantee of quality, craftsmanship and accuracy.
90-DAY RISK-FREE RETURNS POLICY
We want you to be completely satisfied, not only with your watch, but also with our service. If, for any reason, you are not, simply return your watch for an exchange or full refund (less delivery charges) within 90 days of purchase.