The ‘Gentleman’s George’ will mark you out as a man of impeccable style. Not only will it tell the time: it will tell the world of your understated good taste!
At 36mm the George is a classic size for a gentleman’s watch, not large by the standards of modern fashion. The sinuous, reflective curves of its highly polished stainless steel case impart a subtle charm; like all fine watches there is sapphire glass for scratch resistance and a screw-down crown to deter moisture. The elegantly shaped ‘leaf’ hour and minute hands have an attractive ‘blued’ finish, and the seconds hand moves with a satisfying sweep action. An extra touch of luxury comes in the form of the beautiful leather strap and the presentation wallet, both hand crafted in Devon by Tanner Bates. To complete this lovely package we will include an attractive handwritten card with your personal dedication. The George really is the perfect present!
The George is powered by one of the world’s most respected Swiss-made mechanical movements, the superb ETA 2824-2. Its design and meticulous engineering have been proved and refined over several decades, and it is respected by good watchmakers everywhere. Kept wound by wrist movement, it can also be hand wound.
We deal direct with you, our valued Customer, so that we can provide the best possible service. Every Harold Pinchbeck watch is individually assembled: not - like most watches - in some large factory, but by hand, in an English workshop. It’s then inspected and tested thoroughly before being beautifully packaged and despatched to its owner, complete with its generous five-year warranty. The George is also covered by our 90-day ‘no quibble’ guarantee, giving you the reassurance to buy with complete confidence.
- Case: 316L polished stainless steel
- Back: machined stainless steel
- Diameter: 36mm (excluding crown)
- Height: 11mm
- Glass: sapphire (for added scratch resistance)
- Crown: screw-down (for added moisture resistance)
- Dial: traditional, finely painted brass dial
- Choice of two dial colours
- Strap: Tanner Bates hand-cut and hand-stitched leather
- Choice of watch strap leathers
- Leather watch wallet by Tanner Bates of Devon
- Personal dedication card
- Water resistance: 30 metres
- ETA 2824-2 Swiss-made automatic 25-jewel calibre
- Tolerance: to within +/- 15 seconds per day
- Regulated at assembly: to within +/- 5 seconds per day
- Power reserve of up to 36 hours
- Vibrations: 28,800 per hour
- Risk-free 90 Day returns policy
- 5 Year mechanical warranty
- Made in our workshop in England
- Can be personalised
- Delivery time: approximately 14 days
The George automatic mechanical watch with parchment coloured dial, gilt hour & minute hands, red seconds hand, and Conker, or London Tan Tanner Bates hand made leather watch strap.
The George automatic mechanical watch with midnight blue coloured dial, gilt hour & minute hands, red or gilt seconds hand, and Conker, London Tan, or Crocodile Tanner Bates hand made leather watch strap.
The George automatic mechanical watch with parchment coloured dial, blued leaf hour & minute hands, gilt seconds hand, and Black, Conker, or London Tan Tanner Bates hand made leather watch strap.