The 'Gentleman's George'
The George will mark you out as a man of impeccable style. Not only will it tell the time: it will tell the world of your understated good taste!
The 36 mm George is a classic size for a gentleman’s watch, not large by the standards of modern fashion, alternatively, you can opt for the larger and bolder 42 mm case (Dauphine hand models only). The sinuous, reflective curves of its highly polished stainless steel case impart a subtle charm; like all fine watches, there is sapphire glass for scratch resistance and a screw-down crown to deter moisture. The elegantly shaped ‘leaf’ hour and minute hands have an attractive ‘blued’ finish, and the seconds hand moves with a satisfying sweep action. An extra touch of luxury comes in the form of the beautiful leather strap and the presentation wallet, both hand crafted in Devon by Tanner Bates. To complete this lovely package we will include an attractive handwritten card with your personal dedication. The George really is the perfect present!
The George is powered by one of the world’s most respected Swiss-made mechanical movements, the superb ETA 2824-2. Its design and meticulous engineering have been proved and refined over several decades, and it is respected by good watchmakers everywhere. Kept wound by wrist movement, it can also be hand wound.
We deal directly with you, our valued Customer, so that we can provide the best possible service. Every Harold Pinchbeck watch is individually assembled: not - like most watches - in some large factory, but by hand, in an English workshop. It’s then inspected and tested thoroughly before being beautifully packaged and despatched to its owner, complete with its generous five-year warranty. The George is also covered by our 90-day ‘no quibble’ guarantee, giving you the reassurance to buy with complete confidence.
- Case: 316L polished stainless steel
- Back: machined stainless steel
- Diameter: 36 mm or 42 mm (42 mm Dauphine only)
- Height: 11 mm
- Glass: sapphire (for added scratch resistance)
- Crown: screw-down (for added moisture resistance)
- Dial: traditional, finely painted brass dial
- Choice of two dial colours
- Choice of hand styles
- Strap: Tanner Bates hand-cut and hand-stitched leather
- Choice of watch strap leathers
- Leather watch wallet by Tanner Bates of Devon
- Option to have your watch back personally engraved
- Water resistance: 36 mm - 30 metres
- Water resistance: 42 mm - 100 metres
- ETA 2824-2 Swiss-made automatic 25-jewel calibre
- Tolerance: to within +/- 15 seconds per day
- Regulated at assembly: to within +/- 5 seconds per day
- Power reserve of up to 36 hours
- Vibrations: 28,800 per hour
- Risk-free 90 Day returns policy
- 5 Year mechanical warranty
- Made in our workshop in England
- Can be personalised
- Delivery time: approximately 14 days
Full 5-year mechanical warranty
We are proud of the supreme workmanship of every watch we make, which is why we provide an unconditional 5 year guarantee of quality, craftsmanship and accuracy. If any aspect of the watch performs less than perfectly, simply return it to us for a free service.
90 Day risk-free returns policy
We want you to be completely satisfied, not only with your watch, but also with our service. If, for any reason, you are not, simply return your watch for an exchange or full refund (less delivery charges) within 90 days of purchase.
Building your watch:
Pictures show the looks of our watches, but not the thought that goes into their making. Every Harold Pinchbeck watch is assembled by hand in England. We embrace computer aided design, but we also treasure traditional craftsmanship, so our watches are a marriage of both, our approach is a world away from mass production.
Your watch is made in a workshop (not a factory), by a skilled craftsman. This work can't be rushed: it's painstaking, requiring good eyesight and steady hands! When he has built up a watch he examines it from every angle before testing it thoroughly, adjusting it as necessary to ensure reliability and accuracy. Eventually, the case will receive its final polish and inspection, and at this stage the handmade strap is fitted. Only then is the watch ready to be placed in its presentation box, ready to be sent to its owner, together with the five year warranty.