Official watchmaker to The University of Oxford
A timepiece of everlasting simplicity, the Hawksmoor bespeaks the excellence for which Oxford University is world-renowned. We’re very proud to hold an exclusive licence from the University to make this special watch, and their crest is a discreet element of its design. The Hawksmoor is not only a perfect gift for anyone associated with the University; it’s a stylish accessory in its own right.
An above-average 41mm in diameter this watch will make a confident statement on any wrist, complementing the most stylish or sportive attire. Personalise it – as a graduation present, for example - by having the back laser-engraved with a suitable message, or with the University’s official crest.
We offer a choice of superb Swiss movements: a highly accurate quartz (battery) type, or an automatic (mechanical, self-winding) calibre. If you opt for the quartz movement we will replace the battery whenever needed throughout your watch’s life. This superb service is free of charge, subject only to postage costs.
Imbued with Oxford flair, the elegant dial is a subtle tribute to one of Britain’s most original architects. Nicholas Hawksmoor was a pupil of Wren and a near contemporary of the first Christopher Pinchbeck: they could easily have known each other in London. As well as several University buildings in Oxford he designed six churches in the capital, and worked on several stately homes.
We deal direct with you, our valued Customer, so that we can provide the best possible service. Every Harold Pinchbeck watch is individually assembled: not - like most watches - in some large factory, but by hand, in an English workshop. It’s then inspected and tested thoroughly before being beautifully packaged and despatched to its owner, complete with its generous five-year warranty. The Hawksmoor is also covered by our 90-day ‘no quibble’ guarantee, giving you the reassurance to buy with complete confidence.
- ETA 2824-2 Swiss-made automatic 25-jewel calibre (mechanical, self-winding)
- Tolerance: to within +/- 15 seconds per day
- Regulated at assembly: to within +/- 5 seconds per day
- Power reserve of up to 36 hours
- Vibrations: 28,800 per hour
- Swiss-made quartz (battery) movement
- Tolerance to within +/- 10 seconds per month
- Battery life approximately 2 years
- Free battery replacement for life
- Delivery time: approximately 14 days
- Case: 316L polished stainless steel
- Back: machined stainless steel
- Diameter: 41mm (excluding crown)
- Height: 13mm
- Glass: convex sapphire (for added scratch resistance)
- Painted brass dial in Oxford cream or Oxford blue
- Hour & minute hands in Oxford blue or Oxford cream
- Strap: Tanner Bates hand-cut and hand-stitched leather
- Leather watch wallet by Tanner Bates of Devon.
- Personal dedication card.
- Water resistance: 50 metres.
- Choose to have your watch’s back engraved
- Guarantee: 5 Year mechanical warranty
- £1199 to £1999