A timepiece of everlasting simplicity, the Hawksmoor bespeaks the excellence for which Oxford University is world-renowned. We’re very proud to hold an exclusive licence from the University to make this special watch, and their crest is a discreet element of its design. The Hawksmoor is not only a perfect gift for anyone associated with the University; it’s a stylish accessory in its own right.
An above-average 41 mm in diameter this watch will make a confident statement on any wrist, complementing the most stylish or sportive attire. Personalise it – as a graduation present, for example - by having the back laser-engraved with a suitable message, or with the University’s official crest.
We offer a choice of superb Swiss movements: a highly accurate quartz (battery) type, or an automatic (mechanical, self-winding) calibre. If you opt for the quartz movement we will replace the battery whenever needed throughout your watch’s life. This superb service is free of charge, subject only to postage costs.
Imbued with Oxford flair, the elegant dial is a subtle tribute to one of Britain’s most original architects. Nicholas Hawksmoor was a pupil of Wren and a near contemporary of the first Christopher Pinchbeck: they could easily have known each other in London. As well as several University buildings in Oxford he designed six churches in the capital, and worked on several stately homes.
- Case: 316L polished stainless steel
- Back: machined stainless steel
- Diameter: 41mm (excluding crown)
- Height: 13mm
- Glass: convex sapphire (for added scratch resistance)
- Painted brass dial in Oxford cream or Oxford blue
- Hour & minute hands in Oxford blue or Oxford cream
- Red seconds hand
- Hand-built at our workshops in England
- Rigorously tested and fully certified on completion
- Strap: Tanner Bates hand-cut and hand-stitched leather
- Choice of watch strap leathers
- Leather watch wallet by Tanner Bates of Devon
- Option to have your watch back personally engraved
- Water resistance: 50 metres
- Swiss-made quartz movement
- Tolerance to within +/- 10 seconds per month
- Battery life approximately 2 years
- Free battery replacement for life
- ETA 2824-2 Swiss-made automatic 25-jewel calibre (mechanical, self-winding)
- Tolerance: to within +/- 15 seconds per day
- Regulated at assembly: to within +/- 5 seconds per day
- Power reserve of up to 36 hours
- Vibrations: 28,800 per hour
MAKING YOUR WATCH:
Pictures show the looks of our watches, but not the thought that goes into their making. Every Harold Pinchbeck watch is hand-built by our watchmakers in England. We embrace computer-aided design, but we also treasure traditional craftsmanship, so our watches are a marriage of both; our approach is a world away from mass production.
Your watch is made in a workshop (not a factory), by a skilled craftsman. This work can't be rushed: it's painstaking, requiring good eyesight and steady hands! When he has built up a watch he examines it from every angle before testing it thoroughly, adjusting it as necessary to ensure reliability and accuracy. Eventually, the case will receive its final polish and inspection, and at this stage, the handmade strap is fitted. Only then is the watch ready to be placed in its presentation box, ready to be sent to its owner, together with its certification and the five-year warranty.
WARRANTY & RETURNS
- Risk-free 90 Day returns policy
- 5 Year mechanical warranty
- Free lifetime battery replacement (subject to postage costs)
- We aim to despatch your Edward within 14 days of receiving your order
- Fully insured UK delivery is charged extra at £12.95 (Royal Mail Special Delivery)
- Overseas delivery is available to most countries at extra cost
- We will email despatch confirmation at the time of shipping
VIEW OPTIONS AND ORDER:
FULL 5-YEAR MECHANICAL WARRANTY
We are proud of the supreme workmanship of every watch we make, which is why we provide an unconditional 5 year guarantee of quality, craftsmanship and accuracy.
90-DAY RISK-FREE RETURNS POLICY
We want you to be completely satisfied, not only with your watch, but also with our service. If, for any reason, you are not, simply return your watch for an exchange or full refund (less delivery charges) within 90 days of purchase.