The Pinchbeck-McKinlay Challenger
The Pinchbeck-McKinlay Challenger watch: Custom built and designed for adventurer Jason McKinlay's 2000 mile rowing challenge around Great Britain. This watch kept perfect time and excelled on the challenge to aid Jason, and his team partner, achieve a record breaking time of 41 days for a rowing pair.
This same watch model is available as a limited edition. Your personal Pinchbeck-McKinlay watch will be built to the very same exacting standards that kept Jason's watch ticking perfectly while at sea for 41 days!
A golden ‘inner ring’ (between the dial and the glass) may be added and hand-engraved with your own choice of wording. We know of no other watch (except our Bespoke Collection watches) that includes this beautiful, highly personal, embellishment. Almost secret, and readable only on close examination, this small inscription is, perhaps, the ultimate way to dedicate a watch to its owner.
- Beautifully engineered stainless steel case, completely English made
- Diameter: 40 mm (excluding crown)
- Height: 12 mm
- Hand style of your choice
- Inner engraved chapter ring with your personal message
- A luxurious Tanner Bates English handmade strap made to your specification
- Individually numbered
- Sapphire glass for scratch resistance
- Screw down crown for water resistance
- 10 ATM water resistance
- Rigorously tested and fully certified on completion
- Beautiful hand made leather watch wallet by Tanner Bates of Devon
- ETA 2824-2 Swiss-made automatic 25-jewel calibre
- Tolerance: to within +/- 15 seconds per day
- Regulated at assembly: to within +/- 5 seconds per day
- Power reserve of up to 36 hours
- Vibrations: 28,800 per hour
- Your choice of metallic colours on the dial: £250
- Your own dial design: from £600
- Exhibition (clear) caseback: £250
- Case made entirely or partly from precious metal: price on application
HOW YOUR WATCH IS MADE:
Pictures show the looks of our watches, but not the thought that goes into their making. Every Harold Pinchbeck watch is hand-built by our watchmakers in England. We embrace computer-aided design, but we also treasure traditional craftsmanship, so our watches are a marriage of both; our approach is a world away from mass production.
Your watch is made in a workshop (not a factory), by a skilled craftsman. This work can't be rushed: it's painstaking, requiring good eyesight and steady hands! When he has built up a watch he examines it from every angle before testing it thoroughly, adjusting it as necessary to ensure reliability and accuracy. Eventually, the case will receive its final polish and inspection, and at this stage, the handmade strap is fitted. Only then is the watch ready to be placed in its presentation box, ready to be sent to its owner, together with its certification and the five-year warranty.
DELIVERY & WARRANTY:
- Guarantee: 5 Year mechanical warranty
- Lifetime warranty available - [click for details]
- Delivery time: approximately 60 days
The Bespoke watch: lifetime guarantee
When you buy a Harold Pinchbeck Bespoke & Limited Collection wristwatch, we guarantee the movement's mechanical performance for your lifetime. The only condition to this warranty is that you return the watch to us for a professional service at least every three years. In fact, your watch's first service will be completely free!
The Pinchbeck-McKinlay was custom built for adventurer Jason McKinlay to accompany him on his 2000 mile rowing challenge around Great Britain. You can commission your own version of this watch with your own personal detail.
This is for deposit purposes only to secure your order and commence your watch build.
(Deposit price only - total charge payable upon completion = £4499 less deposit paid).