The Pinchbeck-McKinlay Challenger
The Pinchbeck-McKinlay Challenger watch: Custom built and designed for adventurer Jason McKinlay's 2000 mile rowing challenge around Great Britain. This watch kept perfect time and excelled on the challenge to aid Jason, and his team partner, achieve a record breaking time of 41 days for a rowing pair.
This same watch model is now available as a limited edition! Your personal Pinchbeck-McKinlay watch will be built to the very same exacting standards that kept Jason's watch ticking perfectly while at sea for 41 days!
A golden ‘inner ring’ (between the dial and the glass) may be added and hand-engraved with your own choice of wording. We know of no other watch (except our Bespoke Collection watches) that includes this beautiful, highly personal, embellishment. Almost secret, and readable only on close examination, this small inscription is, perhaps, the ultimate way to dedicate a watch to its owner.
Your watch will be made and tested in England by experienced craftsmen, a process that will take at least three months.
- Beautifully engineered stainless steel case, completely English made
- Gilt luminous sports or Dauphine hands
- Inner engraved chapter ring with your personal message
- A luxurious Tanner Bates English handmade strap made to your specification
- Individually numbered
- Sapphire glass for scratch resistance
- Screw down crown for water resistance
- 10 ATM water resistance
- Beautiful hand made leather watch wallet by Tanner Bates of Devon
- ETA 2824-2 Swiss-made automatic 25-jewel calibre
- Tolerance: to within +/- 15 seconds per day
- Regulated at assembly: to within +/- 5 seconds per day
- Power reserve of up to 36 hours
- Vibrations: 28,800 per hour
- Hand-made in England
- Guarantee: 5 Year mechanical warranty
- Lifetime warranty available - see further details
- Delivery time: approximately 60 days
Full 5-year mechanical warranty
We are proud of the supreme workmanship of every watch we make, which is why we provide an unconditional 5 year guarantee of quality, craftsmanship and accuracy. If any aspect of the watch performs less than perfectly, simply return it to us for a free service.
The Bespoke watch: lifetime guarantee
When you buy a Harold Pinchbeck Bespoke & Limited Collection wristwatch, we guarantee the movement's mechanical performance for your lifetime. The only condition to this warranty is that you return the watch to us for a professional service at least every three years. In fact, your watch's first service will be completely free!
The Pinchbeck-McKinlay was custom built for adventurer Jason McKinlay to accompany him on his 2000 mile rowing challenge around Great Britain. You can commission your own version of this watch with your own personal detail.
This is for deposit purposes only to secure your order and commence your watch build.
(Deposit price only - total charge payable upon completion = £3699 less deposit paid).